Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I have an '03 Audi A4. The Coolant light has recently started to come on in the morning.?

If I restart the engine the light stays off and the engine seems to be running its normal temp. I know the Audi cooling system is sealed, but can I check/add the coolant if necessary without taking it in? If the coolant level is fine, I presume there is a sensor issue?



Thanks.I have an '03 Audi A4. The Coolant light has recently started to come on in the morning.?You can check/add coolant yourself via the coolant reservoir. The coolant level sensor is located in the reservoir (it can not be replaced separately) and typically will not go bad. The ECT (Engine Coolant Temp. sensor) does go bad fairly commonly. The ECT should throw a fault in the ECM (Engine Control Module). I would check the coolant level first. If your car is not overheating, then a thermostat is out of the question. If you want to avoid a trip to the dealer, stop by your local auto parts store and have them check it for faults. If there is an ECT fault in the ECM, odds are you need an ECT sensor. They are easy to replace. You simply remove the electrical connector. Then pull the plastic U-Shape clip out from the side. You can then pull the sensor straight out. Be sure to replace the O-Ring under the sensor if you replace it. If you leave the old one in, it could leak.



Hope this helps.I have an '03 Audi A4. The Coolant light has recently started to come on in the morning.?FILL THE COOLANT LEVEL 1/2 INCH FROM

THE FULL MARK ON THE RESERVOIR

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY TT COUPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment