Monday, February 20, 2012

How many miles a gallon does a audi a4 1.8t awd get?

Is there any way i could increase the gas miles beside for not hiting the gas so hard. ThanksHow many miles a gallon does a audi a4 1.8t awd get?my Audi 1.8t gets around 25 mpg highway. but i cruise 85+ mph and have a heavily modded engine, turbo, chip, ported %26amp; polished, as well as all the more common smaller mods.



I'm also in a hurry as my new job is a 49 mile drive each way, so I tend to be heavy on the acceleration.

If i were to drop down a few mph, I could get 28+ mpg.



All those mods did help a bit, as they make the engine more efficient, but not enough to make them worth the money unless you want the power too.



Best things you can do are make sure you have full tire pressure, you're using 91 or 93 octane, your engine is well maintained, and be light on the gas.



Edit: Mine is manualHow many miles a gallon does a audi a4 1.8t awd get?My 2000 Audi A4 1.8 T (awd - auto) gets 33 MPG on the hwy.



There are few rule for getting the best MPG:



(1) drive slow - not too much past 55

(2) accelerate slowly

(3) don't brake unnecessarily

(4) use cruise control - whenever it is safe to do so.



Don't coast - it is NOT safe and it does NOT save gas.



The above really works. Using those simple rules I was able to drive from Boston to NYC (210.5 miles) on just 5.112 gallon (94 Civic). That's 41 MPG (94 Civic 187K miles).



WOW !!



I wish I have measured the Audi for you, but you get the idea.





Good Luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment