Sunday, February 26, 2012

Audi A4 APR ECU chip- how well will it run on stock settings?

I have an Audi B6 1.8t and I want to know how well the APR ECU chip runs on stock internals/settings.

I don't want to buy it and later regret it because my engine breaks down a lot or something. Any help by people who own the chip would be greatly appreciated.Audi A4 APR ECU chip- how well will it run on stock settings?check out www.audizine.com, free to sign up and you can ask whatever you want and people will answer your question with no problem at all. These people on the site really know what they are talking about, they are the owners of their owon audis who do their own maitence on them.Audi A4 APR ECU chip- how well will it run on stock settings?I own a GIAC chip on an A6 myself. Both brands are very good as they've done proper research and development to make sure the car runs right even with the extra power. My chip has three settings, STOCK which runs the car like it didn't have the chip upgrade, PUMP which increases horsepower for running on normal gas, and RACE which requires racing fuel. I have only gone as high as PUMP because that's what I feel comfortable using. Nothing's gone wrong with the car yet. The reason I haven't used RACE is because GIAC recommends to get a transmission chip as well, to help deal with the extra torque. That's probably all you have to worry about: the transmission. I don't know if APR offers chips for the tranny, but as I said, as long as you don't abuse the extra power, it's not a critical concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment