Thursday, February 23, 2012

Can I add the audi technology package to an audi s5 that wasn't built with it?

I want the backup camera on the 2009 audi s5Can I add the audi technology package to an audi s5 that wasn't built with it?You cant get the factory unit as it has to be pre-wired form the factory. You can, however, get an aftermarket backup camera that you can mount anywhere, even the same basic location as the factory unit. I don't believe that anyone has come out with the install kit to hook it up through your MMI unit though. So it will most likely have to have an external screen somewhere in the car. I know there used to be a company that played around with the MMI screen from the older A8's to hook up a factory deleted TV unit that uses a coaxial cable (the same as the back up cameras), but I don't know if anyone actually came up with a way to do it. I believe they were based out of the United States too.

No comments:

Post a Comment