Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why would oil be in the socket with spark plugs on a 1998 Audi A4 Quattro?

I have a 1998 Audi A4 V6 Quattro. I recently went to change my spark plugs, when I pulled the boot off of one of the plugs I noticed there was oil on it (Oil was literally dripping from the boot). I checked all six of them and it's the same case for all. What would cause this?Why would oil be in the socket with spark plugs on a 1998 Audi A4 Quattro?tube seals are failed...replace the valve cover gaskets and the tube seals..no more leakWhy would oil be in the socket with spark plugs on a 1998 Audi A4 Quattro?Its probably just the seals under the valve cover leaking. Take the valve cover off and replace them along with a new valve cover gasket.Why would oil be in the socket with spark plugs on a 1998 Audi A4 Quattro?Most likely the valve cover's leaking and the oil is running down the side of the block onto the plug wires or whatever!

Might also be your plugs were not properly tightened!

No comments:

Post a Comment