Thursday, February 23, 2012

My son is selling his money-pit 2000 Audi A4. Any suggestions on reliable, yet "glamorous" alternatives?

My college-age son's 2000 Audi A4 has been a money-sucking vortex from the moment he bought it last year. He has spent thousands in repairs and extras. He wants to sell it and buy another Audi, but he would need partial financing from his dad and me. We will not buy an Audi! What are some suggestions for sporty cars that still are also a good value for the money?My son is selling his money-pit 2000 Audi A4. Any suggestions on reliable, yet "glamorous" alternatives?if you want an audi styling and performace at a lower price and reliability, go for VW

VW is also owned by the same corporation that owns Audi, and i personally find them just as good, if not even better than the audis.



I have bought four VW's myself, and my last one saved my life in an accident. If its a male and hes college bound, i think youd be best off with a VW GTI. They're fun, sporty, glamorous, and can compare to the similiar model audi a3



If you want to stay away from VW/Audi, have you tried Volvo? Yes, volvo. volvo has evolved from the grandma car brand to a new, refined, safe luxury car. They're amazingly fun to drive, have cool safety features, and is pretty reliable.



If your looking for a more stylish ride, go for the Acuras. They're super reliable, becuase they're owned by the same corporatoin as honda, they're stylish, decent on gas, sporty, and flashy all at the same time.





Here are Some specific modesl taht i've found to be great:

VW GTI

VW Rabbit/Jetta

Volvo S40

Volvo S60

Acura RSX/TSX

Acural RL

Acura TL

Lexus IS



good luck!My son is selling his money-pit 2000 Audi A4. Any suggestions on reliable, yet "glamorous" alternatives?
I use to own a 1999 Audi Turbo and I couldnt agree with you more, lots of money put into it. I am a rare case and actually went from "Street Racers" to "4X4". I know own a jeep wrangler and this is THE most Reliable vehicle I have owned. I am in college and not only is it great in summer (take off the top and doors) and in the winter with its 4-wheel drive, but a total chick magnet. If you son isnt into the "4X4" maybe a lexus IS300. You should include a price range in you question too, youll get better resultsMy son is selling his money-pit 2000 Audi A4. Any suggestions on reliable, yet "glamorous" alternatives?Look at BMW's. I do not know how much your looking to spend, but 2 door 3 series are very nice, particularly the e46 body style (1999 +) and are reasonably priced. I have seen 2001 M3's for around 20,000. These are very nice and sporty cars, but they are kind of expensive. For a little cheaper (13k - 20k) you can look at the 330CI and 325CI. They are also very nice looking (in my opinion), look between years 1999 and 2001 for those. Hope this helped.My son is selling his money-pit 2000 Audi A4. Any suggestions on reliable, yet "glamorous" alternatives?
sorry to go a little bit off topic, but i've been really interested in buying a used audi and seeking some advice, b/c i've heard how tough they've been to maintain.

were you guys able to sell it for a reasonable price?

what failed on the car?

did you originally buy it used or new, and if used, did you get it inspected by another source before your purchase?

and any other advice would be greatly appreciated...i'd love an audi a4 but my dad is trying to convince me otherwise..My son is selling his money-pit 2000 Audi A4. Any suggestions on reliable, yet "glamorous" alternatives?Honda Civic Si
  • publishing companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment