Monday, February 20, 2012

1999 Audi A6 Engine cut off after 10 mins while parked?

I have a 1999 Audi A6. The car automatically shut off after 10 minutes while parked and if I try to start again, I could only hear the rely going tic tic tic. Nothing else happens. The battery is fine by the way. I haven't took it out for a drive since I am afraid if it stops in the middle of the road. If anyone could give me some help here, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks.1999 Audi A6 Engine cut off after 10 mins while parked?hmmm, not much to go on. Anything ecu related would be throwing the check engine light. If you ARE getting the check engine light, stop in ANY of your local auto parts place like Advance, or NAPA etc and ask them to scan your ecu. It's a free service and you'll know if you've captured any codes and what the source "might" be.



Your A6 has a volt gauge in the instrument cluster. It should be reading ~14v when the car is running. Is it? but keep in mind that once your car is running, even if the battery is bad/weak, it should still run and die off SLOWLY which you can see while watching the volt gauge, not just SHUT OFF.



Audis are very sensative to low voltage though and the relay clicking noise IS a sign. Again, I'd first make sure you have a GOOD connection at the battery (under hood, by the firewall, under the plastic battery door) and then head to a Advance Auto or similar and have them scan codes and test your battery....

No comments:

Post a Comment