Monday, February 20, 2012

What's wrong with my P reg Audi Avant automatic gearbox - sometimes it doesn't go into reverse?

Just wondering if it is worth spending several hundred quid on getting it checked out. I get attached to my cars and this one is great, I love it, black leather heated seats, aircon etc. 2.8.What's wrong with my P reg Audi Avant automatic gearbox - sometimes it doesn't go into reverse?You MIGHT have a dirty valve body. A REALLY good technician can drop your trans pan, flush down the valve body with brake cleaner, iinstall a new filter, and then use ONLY genuine AUDI TRANS FLUID. You may have to have the system flushed and filled, but ONLY with AUDI FLUID!! You may have waited too long between fluid changes, but you still have hope!!What's wrong with my P reg Audi Avant automatic gearbox - sometimes it doesn't go into reverse?fluid level, linkage, plug on back of gearbox are all likely causes

No comments:

Post a Comment