Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How do I know if my thermostat needs to be replaced, 99 audi a6?

Temperature gage moves slowly and sometimes deosnt go up to the middle, either stays at C or goes to the middle and returns back to C, never goes to H, (I know that means overheating)How do I know if my thermostat needs to be replaced, 99 audi a6?Remember the thermostat is a spring actuated mechanism over time as the spring fails it will weaken causing the valve to open prematurely cooling the engine too much.



How many miles on it. You should do timing belt, tensioners, waterpump, thermostat, all at the same time each time. That's how i do-it. makes life easier, costs more, but no breakdowns.



mine is exactly in the middle all the time. but I am also in florida with hot air going into the radiator if you live in NY in the winter when the t-stat opens the gauge should drop like that beacause the water will be a lot cooler.



I just bought one for my 02 A6 3.0 from blauparts.com it was 75.00 but if you have the 2.8 it's cheaper. Easy as cake to replace and they send instructions too.How do I know if my thermostat needs to be replaced, 99 audi a6?when cold open hood remove radiator cap crank motor watch flow of coolant you shoul dsee it drop and raise if not its stuck feel your heater hoses one hot while other cold or warm its stuck really just go buy a new one and replace it very easy and cheap maybe 20 bucks if you replace it your self ok type into search box

how to check thermostat

how to check over heating car

how to replace thermostat



add video to end of any wil get it most of time really easy to do any of them and yes most likely thats what it is

No comments:

Post a Comment