Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I have a 2002 Audi S4. How much damage does it do to it when I try to launch it?

Is it possible to launch a Tiptronic S4?I have a 2002 Audi S4. How much damage does it do to it when I try to launch it?It's not very good for it. I guess by launch you mean you hold the brake and build up the revs? It's bad for the brakes and transmission. If you do it too much it WILL break the transmission, and that's expensive to fix. You really only do this in a manual car.



Hope this helps!I have a 2002 Audi S4. How much damage does it do to it when I try to launch it?
i own a 2001.5 s4 with a six speed manual, all stock except Eibach springs, and have 122,700 miles on it. The car is by far, the most reliable, most durable, and best performing car I have ever had. I drive it pretty hard, and while I know doing so will without a doubt reduce the life of parts such as clutch, brake pads, etc., its has been almost unnoticeable. I am still driving on the original clutch, and am on my 2nd set of rotors, and 3rd set of brake pads. The only major maintenance that's been required is timing belt/water pump, @ 60,000, and front control arms at 85,000. Audi engineers really did an awesome job designing the s4, it was made to be driven , not to be babied, and if the car is maintained properly, and oil changed regularly at every 5,000 miles, using Mobil 1, the s4 will not disappoint.I have a 2002 Audi S4. How much damage does it do to it when I try to launch it?it is possible through a neutral drop, but kiss your trany good bye. you will smell burning clutch as soon as you launch, honestly its not worth it to launch at S so much. Tiptronic S4's are meant to go in to "S" mode and then punch it down and i'm not sure but lift your foot off at around 5500 rpm so as to gain maximum boost and then hammer down right after so your car will speed up, and do this throughout the gears and you will be happy.I have a 2002 Audi S4. How much damage does it do to it when I try to launch it?
How big is the cliff or jump you are trying to launch from? What kind of landing pad are you planning on using?I have a 2002 Audi S4. How much damage does it do to it when I try to launch it?Ask NASA

No comments:

Post a Comment