Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where can I find a radio for my 2002 audi a6?

I have looked online and through ebay and cannot find a radio for my car. I would prefer to go stock or go with the rns-e or rns-d. Or if anyone knows of any other in dash dvd/navi systems and where to buy that would be great. ThanksWhere can I find a radio for my 2002 audi a6?I drive a 2004 Audi S4 (B6). I removed the factory Symphony II radio and installed a RNS-E unit. It was very easy and a great investment. I love the navigation system and display. Also, it is nice to have all of my music in mp3 form. The RNS-E unit has two SD card slots behind the screen. You can buy a 2GB SD card for about $25, and fit a ton of music on it.



The Audi RNS-E is going to be the best choice by far. In advanced cars like an Audi, the radio communicates with the car and vice versa, so installing an aftermarket radio is not a good idea.



As for the RNS-E, make sure you get a US unit, not European. (Assuming your in the US) The US units will say FM/AM on the lower left button (below the screen), and CD/SD on the button to the right of the FM/AM button. On the European version, those buttons say Radio and CD/TV. It takes a lot of work to get the European version to work with US maps for the Nav.



Check out this site for install info:

http://www.navplus.us/forum/index.php



You will also need some adapters for the install, I got mine from: http://www.vagnav.com



If you have any questions, let me know.Where can I find a radio for my 2002 audi a6?The radio in the A6 is the same one used in the A4 as well. This one looks exactly like the one in my 2003 A4



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-A6-B鈥?/a>
  • redlobster
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment