Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do you have to change the rotors on a brake change for a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro?

I heard I might have to change my rotors when I change my brake pads instead of just smoothing the rotors out. Does anyone know this for sure? I'm trying to do the job myself since it's so expensive to take it to a shop.Do you have to change the rotors on a brake change for a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro?Take the rotors to your local auto parts store and see if they can be cut. They will have something to measure and see if you can or not. If they are too worn you will have to replace them.Do you have to change the rotors on a brake change for a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro?should have to only re-surface the rotors. there will be a casting on the rotor stating the minimium thickness.



if you are close to that number, you should replace both sides.



some auto part stores will turn them for free if you buy parts from them.Do you have to change the rotors on a brake change for a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro?Chances are that your 2003 Audi doesn't need new rotors. You can have them turned (which means they sand the surfaces to make them even again) but plenty of times you can just replace the pads. Pads are usually sold with a warranty, so if they wear out faster it doesn't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment