Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What is the average fuel economy of a Manual 1990 Audi 90 2.3 (5 cylinder) Petrol?

I'm thinking about buying a Manual 1990 Audi 90 2.3 (5 cylinder) Petrol, I know fuel economy gets worse with age and im not expecting anything fantastic from this huge engine, but does anybody have any idea, or even better, experience of owning one of these cars that can tell me the average combined MPG of this car, it will be much appreciated, Thanks.



(PS - Its the standard model not the Quattro)What is the average fuel economy of a Manual 1990 Audi 90 2.3 (5 cylinder) Petrol?Right now I have a 1988 (honest!) Audi Quattro with the 5-speed manual and 5-cylinder 2.3 engine. My old Buick Electra finally died, and with its body condition, even mummification was impractical, so I sold it to a guy for a demo derby car. Its gas mileage was scary...scary bad, that is...at an absolute peak of 17 highway, driving prudently, and maybe near 10 in my small town with 99 million stop lights.



The Audi gives me at least 23-25 in town and near 30 on the highway when I drive wisely. Even if I let it exercise its spirit, I can get 27 or so.



I know this is not the exact car you have, but the engine and transmission seem to be the same, and they are nearly the same age. If my Quattro can do that well, I think you could coax at least that or more from your car.



How you drive will make a difference, of course, and so will your driving conditions. I'm not sure why you called it a huge engine, as that converts to just a bit over 140 cubic inches. My old Chrysler New Yorker had a 440 cid engine, or a shade over 7.2 liters, and it gave me (back when gas was 50 cents a gallon, fortunately) a top of 15 mpg.



Anyway, enjoy your Audi. It's a fine car. Just be sure to give it all the proper maintenance, including the CORRECT fluids.What is the average fuel economy of a Manual 1990 Audi 90 2.3 (5 cylinder) Petrol?I had a 1985 model once and I reckon it did about 24 mpg around town and nearer 30 mpg on a run if you did not hammer it.What is the average fuel economy of a Manual 1990 Audi 90 2.3 (5 cylinder) Petrol?Approx 23 mpg in town driving and 28 mpg motorway.Have owned one but if you thrash it expect to get much less.What is the average fuel economy of a Manual 1990 Audi 90 2.3 (5 cylinder) Petrol?
average about 18 mpg with a smile 28mpg with a yawn

No comments:

Post a Comment